Hey folks! Bonjour de France! We had another great day of riding along the river, almost entirely on smooth bike paths on levees. Some things I’ve learned:
- All the little bakeries in Germany will make you a tasty cheese and tomato sandwich on a buttered roll for about €2.
- German campgrounds have the nicest bathrooms and showers
- Cheese is super cheap here – I bought a tray of cheese cubes for €1.20 and probably ate too many while riding
- Apfelschorle (apple juice and sparkling water) is a great idea
- The border between France and Germany is basically invisible – there wasn’t even a sign for us to take pictures under
Tomorrow we’ll be riding along the French side of the Rhine before popping back into Germany at Strasbourg.