Skip to content
- Another breakfast buffet at the Bryce canyon lodge, then back on the road!
- Did a short hike to mossy cave – the cave was meh, but there was a gorgeous waterfall
- Beautiful riding through small towns, then lunch on a river
- Had a good 12% grade to climb – slow and steady!
- Amazing looong descent into Escalante.. Saw a bear!
- Had dinner and camped at the bicycle touring Shangri-La, Escalante Outfitters: great food, draft beer, a gear shop, and (cheap) camping with showers and laundry! This place is amazing!
- Good conversation and music by the fire with some fellow travelers
- Attempts to repair my brand new air mattress have only made it worse… Did not sleep well
- Great breakfast at Magnolia’s – their carmelitas are delicious!
- Headed out of town, but progress was delayed when Anton got a flat that resulted in five repair attempts using three tubes… Frustrating, but always a part of the journey
- Bombed down a gorgeous set of switchbacks into the Escalante River canyon. Took a dip in the river and then began another series of 10+% grade climbs
- Andrew broke a spoke – I road-trued it the best I could
- Arrived in Boulder, and decided to once again skip the Burr Trail (a cool back road through a slot canyon) because we were getting tight on time.
- Camped next to a creek outside of town – more delicious camp curry for dinner with fresh turnips
- Finally fixed my air mattress – so good to get a full night’s sleep!